Active Ingredient :
Bitters 2%, Bitters 3% & Bitters 5%. Common Name :
Neem Tree, Margosa Tree Chemical Constituents and Components :
Main chemical components are nimbin, nimbinene, azadirachtin, azadirachtol, azadirachnol, desacetynimbinene, nimbandiol, nimbolide, quercetin, beta-sitosterol, n-hexacosanol, nimbiol and nimocin. Action :
Bitters: 1. It significantly reduced the plaque index and bacterial count. 2. It reduced oxidative stress and lowers blood sugar level in body. 3. It interferes the life cycle of lice, inhibiting their ability to feed and preventing eggs from hatching. 4. It enhances lipid peroxidation in the liver and blood of tumor-bearing models and accompanied by significant decreases in the activities of GSH-dependent antioxidant. 5. It immobilizes and kills 100% human spermatozoa at high concentration. 6. It lowers the lipid levels especially cholesterol and LDL-cholesterol in body.Curing Diseases :
1. It is anti-septic, anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, anti-hyperglycemic and insecticidal in nature.
2. It is useful in hyperdipsia, intermittent and malarial fever.
3. It is used in healing chronic wounds, diabetic foot and gangrene developing
4. It is used in case of leprosy, skin diseases, ulcers, burning sensation, fatigue and eczema.
5. It is used in leucoderma, inflammations, amenorrhoea, lumbago and haemorrhoids.
6. It is also useful in vomiting, dyspepsia, intestinal worms and hepatopathy.Research Information :
A study done on neem based shampoo shows that all lice treated with the neem shampoo did not show any vital signs from the initial examination after immersion at 5-30 min; after 3 hours, only a single louse showed minor signs of life, indicated by gut movements. Mortality rate is 94%. (Ref. Heukelbach J, Oliveira FA, Speare R., A new shampoo based on neem (Azadirachta indica
) is highly effective against head lice in vitro, March, 2006, NCBI)Possible Combinations :
Azadirachta indica + curcuma longa + cassia fistula + saussurea lappa + picrorhiza kurroa + tinospora cordifolia + embelica ribes + eclipta alba + andrographis paniculata (hepatostimulant, antiseptic)