- Botanical Name : Gymnema Sylvestre
- Family Name : Asclepiadaceae
- Common Name : Periploca Of The Woods, Gudmar
- Part Used : Whole Plant, Leaves
- Habitat : Throughout india, in dry forest upto 600m.
- Product offered : Leaves
The plant is acrid, anti-inflammatory, anodyne, liver tonic,emetic and diuretic. It is useful in hepatosplenomegaly, dypepsia, constipation, jaundice, halminthiasis, cardiopathy and amenorrhoea. The fresh leaves when chewed have the remarkable property of paralysing the sense of taste for sweet and bitter substance for some time. It lowers blood sugar level and is good for the treatment both types of Diabetes. The herb is useful for stimulating the heart; it increases urine secretion.