- Botanical Name : Mentha Arvensis
- Family Name : Lamiaceae
- Common Name : Field Mint, Corn Mint, Japanese Mint, Podina
- Part Used : Whole Plant, Oil
- Habitat : Found through out india.
- Product offered : Leaves, Oil
The entire plant is antibacterial, antifibrile. It yields an essential oil and menthol which exert, through their rapid evaporation, slightly anaesthetic, and anodyne local effect. It is effective in headache, rhinitis, cough sore throat, colic, prurigo and vomiting. Menthol obtained from this is used in balms. It is also used as flavoring agent in culinary preparations. It is well known as a cardiac tonic in pharmaceutical preparations. It is a good blood cleanser. Due to it is antiseptic and anti-bacterial property, it can be used in swollen gums, mouthwash or mouth ulcers and toothache.