> Herbs by property
> Coleus Forskohlii
- Botanical Name : Coleus Forskohlii
- Family Name : Lamiaceae
- Common Name : Coleous
- Part Used : Roots
- Habitat : Grows on the dry slopes on the indian plains and in the foothills of the himalayas.
- Product offered : Roots
The root is used for a myriad of medicinal purposes. According to the ancient Sanskrit texts, coleus has been used as a medical herb to treat heart and lung diseases, intestinal spasms, insomnia and convulsions. It also lowers blood pressure, antispasmodic, dilates the blood vessels. It is found to be effective in skin conditions as eczema and psoriasis. Coleus is primarily indicated for cardiovascular diseases including hypertension, congestive heart failure and angina. It is also used for asthma, intestinal colic, uterine cramps as well as painful urination. Coleus can aid in digestive and malabsorption disorders through its ability to stimulate secretion of saliva, hydrochloric acid, pepsin, amalyase and pancreatic enzymes and increase nutrient absorption in the small intestine. It accelerates the breakdown of existing fat stores and promotes healthy cardiovascular function, lowers elevated blood pressure. Useful in treatment for eczema and other allergic condition. The oil finds useful applications in flavor and fragrance preparations as well as in aromatherapy.
- Herbs which are not mentioned on website may also be available, please contact us for details.
- We can do Contract Farming on behalf of clients, For details click here
- We do Customized Labelling