> Herbs by property
> Salacia Reticulata
- Botanical Name : Salacia Reticulata
- Family Name : Hippocrateacaea
- Common Name : Salacia, Kotalahimbatu, Marking Nut Tree, Saptarangi.
- Part Used : Roots
- Habitat : Throughout india mainly in forests.
- Product offered : Roots
The roots are bitter, acrid, vulnerary, liver tonic and stomachic. They are useful in conditions of vata, diabetes, leprosy, skin diseases and colic. It was attributed to its intestinal a-glucosidase inhibitory activity. A-Glucosidase inhibitors retard the digestion and hence absorption of carbohydrates in the small intestine that prevents the increase in blood glucose concentration after a carbohydrate load. It shows hepatoprotective effects and also used as liver tonic. It is effective in case of rheumatism, skin diseases and inflammation.
- Herbs which are not mentioned on website may also be available, please contact us for details.
- We can do Contract Farming on behalf of clients, For details click here
- We do Customized Labelling