- Botanical Name : Premna Obtusifolia
- Family Name : Verbenaceae
- Common Name : Headache Tree, Premna, False Elder.
- Part Used : Roots And Leaves
- Habitat : Mainly present in plains of india and in andaman coasts.
- Product offered : Bark
The roots are sweet, bitter, astringent, acrid, cordial, thermogenic, anodyne, anti-inflammatory, cardiotonic, laxative, stomachic, expectorant, depurative, digestive, carminative, febrifuge, antibacterial and tonic. Roots are useful in vitiated conditions of vata and kapha. Roots are useful in inflammations, cardiac disorders, cough, asthma, bronchitis, leprosy, skin diseases, flatulence, anorexia, constipation and fever. Roots are the ingredients in Dushmula, well-known Ayurvedic medicine. Leaves are stomachic, carminative and galactagogue. They are useful in dyspepsia, flatulence, colic, cough, fever, rheumatalgia and tumors. The root contains a yellow coloring matter, tannin and an essential oil which is used for the treatment of colic.