- Botanical Name : Abrus Precatorius
- Family Name : Fabaceae
- Common Name : : Rosary Pea, Jequerity, Crab's Eye, Precatory Bean, Tento Muido, Cain Ghe, Graines Reglisse, Weesboontje, Rakat, Hint Meyankoku, Hung Tou, Jequerit, Liane Reglisse, Ma Liao Tou, Paratella, Paternoste
- Part Used : Seeds, Leaves.
- Habitat : Throughout central india.
- Product offered : Seeds, leaves.
Seeds are abortifacient, anodyne, aphrodisiac, antimicrobial, diuretic, emetic, expectorant, febrifuge, hemostat, laxative, purgative, refrigerant and sedative. Vermifuge paste of seeds is applied locally in sciatica, stiffness of shoulder joints and paralysis. Seeds are highly poisonous. Roots are used for gonorrhoea, jaundice and haemoglobinuric bile. Powdered seeds are said to disturb the uterine functions and prevent conception in women. The oil extracted from seeds is said to promote the growth of human hair.