- Botanical Name : Aconitum Heterophyllum
- Family Name : Ranunculaceae
- Common Name : Aconites, Indian Atees.
- Part Used : Underground Stem And Roots.
- Habitat : Present in alpine and sub-alpine region of himalayan region at altitudes between 1,800 - 4,500 m.
- Product offered : Roots
The dried root is analgesic, anti-inflammatory, antipyretic, antiperiodic, , astringent, cholagogue, febrifuge and tonic. It is used in the treatment of liver disorders, dyspepsia, diarrhoea, indigestion, nausea, vomiting, throat pain, anorexia, piles and coughs. Seeds are stimulant, aromatic, emmenaguogue, stomachic, carminative, anti-pyretic, hyperacidity, useful in hiccup and bad breath. It is regarded as a valuable tonic and digestive. Also used in the treatment of rheumatism, intermittent fevers and acute inflammatory infections.