- Botanical Name : Emblica Officinalis
- Certifications :
- Family Name : Euphorbiaceae
- Common Name : Gooseberry, Phyllanthus Emblica, Emblica, Indian Gooseberry, Amla
- Part Used : Fruit
- Habitat : Northern and south western india.
- Product offered : Fruits, Seeds
Emblica Officinalis or Amla is aperient, carminative, diuretic, aphrodasiac, laxative, astringent and refrigerant. It is the richest known source of vitamin 'C'. It is useful in anaemia, jaundice, dyspepcia, haemorrhage disorders, diabetes, asthma and bronchitis. It cures insomnia and is healthy for hair. It is considered as one of the most rejuvenating drugs, imparting a long healthy life and weight gain. It also acts as an antacid and antitumorganic agent.