- Botanical Name : Tribulus Terrestris
- Family Name : Zygophllaceae
- Common Name : Land Caltrops, Puncture Vine, Gokhru
- Part Used : Whole Plant, Seeds
- Habitat : Throughout india, upto 5400 m, as a weed along roadsides and waste places
- Product offered : Seeds, Wholeplant, Fruits
Roots and fruits are sweet, cooling, diuretic, aphrodisiac, emollient, appetizer, digestive, anthelmintic, expectorant, anti-inflammatory, laxative, cardiotonic, styptic and tonic. They are useful in strangury, dysuria, renal and vesical calculi, anorexia, dyspepsia, helminthiasis, cough, asthma, inflammations, cardiopathy, spermatorrhoea, anaemia, scabies, ophthalmia and general weakness. Leaves are astringent, diuretic, aphrodisiac, depurative, anthelmintic and tonic, they are useful in gonorrhoea, inflammation, menorrhagia, strangury, leprosy, skin diseases and general weakness. Seeds are astringent, strengtheningand are useful in haemorrhages and ulcerative stomatitis. Fruit is diuretic and tonic and is used for the treatment of calculous affections and painful micturition. Paste prepared from leaves is used in treatment of stones in the bladder.