- Botanical Name : Podophyllum Emodi
- Family Name : Berberidaceae
- Common Name : Indian Podophyllum, Himalayan May Apple.
- Part Used : Rhizomes, Roots, Fruits.
- Habitat : Distributed in northern himalayan region from kashmir to sikkim, abundantly in fir forest in kashmir.
- Product offered : Fruits
It is cholagogue, purgative, alterative, anthelmintic, emetic, bitter, bilious, antirheumatic, hydragogue, vermifuge and cytostatic. It is mainly useful in the treatment of intestinal worms, for treating warts, tumors and posses anti-cancer properties. It also used as hepatic stimulant. It exerts a powerful influence upon the whole glandular system.