- Botanical Name : Helicteres Isora
- Family Name : Sterculiaceae
- Common Name : East Indian Screw Tree, Nut Leaved Screw Tree.
- Part Used : Root, Bark And Fruits.
- Habitat : Throughout india in deciduous forests.
- Product offered : Pods
The roots and stem barks are expectorant, demulcent, astringent, constipating, lactifuge and antiglactagogue. They are useful in colic, scabies, biliousness, thoracic empyema, gastric problems, diabetes, diarrhea and dysentery. Fruits are acrid, astringent, refrigerant, demulcent, stomachic, vermifuge, and haemostatic. They are useful in ophthalmic, flatulence, diarrhea, dysentery, wounds, ulcers, hemorrhages and diabetes. The powdered seeds are used to cure ulcers in ears, dysentery and stomachache. It has Insulin-sensitizing and hypolipidemic property and has the potential for use in the treatment of type-2 diabetes. Root juice is used in antidiarrhoeal and antidysenteric formulations.