- Botanical Name : Trichosanthes Dioica
- Family Name : Cucurbitaceae
- Common Name : Pointed Gourd
- Part Used : Fruits, Roots
- Habitat : Cultivated throughout india.
- Product offered : Leaves, Wholeplant, Fruits
It has been used for overcoming problems like constipation, fever, skin infection, wounds. The vegetable is provided with an intention to improve appetite and digestion. The unripe fruit and the tender shoots and capsules are laxative. Fruit is prescribed for patients suffering from disorders of circulatory system.