- Botanical Name : Nymphaea Lotus
- Family Name : Nymphaeaceae
- Common Name : White Lotus, White Water Lilly
- Part Used : Flowers, Roots, Leaves, Stem
- Habitat : Through out warmer parts of india, in tanks, ponds and ditches
- Product offered : Flowers,Roots,Leave
The rhizomes is cooling, sweet, bitter and tonic and is useful in diarrhoea, dysentery, dipsia and general debility. The flowers are astringent and cardiotonic. The seeds are sweet, cooling, constipating, , stomachic and restorative. It has found uses both as a culinary delight and starchy food staple as well as being used internally as a treatment for gastrointestinal disorders and jaundice. Leaf is used in cutaneous, subcutaneous parasitic infection, eye treatments, and pregnancy. Seeds are used in sauces, condiments, spices and flavorings.